During November/December of each year our students get the opportunity to participate in our end of year dance recital. Our dance recital is the culmination of the year’s work and is much anticipated by all of our students. For this reason term four is always an exciting and busy time of year. Participation in our recital is not compulsory. Students who participate in the recital will need to attend a dress rehearsal, photo day and the recital itself which are all held outside of normal class times.
The benefits of being involved in such a production are many. Students will:
- Develop self confidence by being on stage in front of an audience.
- Develop self esteem as they realise that their skills are valued by family and friends.
- Improve their dancing skill level due to having such an important purpose for their learning.
- Improve their memory skills as they learn to remember choreography and spacing for each routine.
- Learn the value of co-operation and teamwork as they experience the different aspects of the production.
- Develop patience and respect for others as they work with the Rising Starz Team
- Develop independence and improved organisational skills as they encounter backstage life.
The Costs of participating in a Rising Starz Dance Recital
- $30.00 per class (children get to keep costumes)
- $20.00 Dress Rehearsal Fee
- Concert ticket prices - Adult: $20.00 Pensioners $17.50 children $15.00 (prices correct at time of posting and are subject to change)